I sat down last night with the seamless hybrid #2 and ripped out the bottom hem and added about two inches length to it. I knit a few rounds just regular stocking stitch with 4 mm needles, then I dropped down to the 3.5 mm and did a 3×1 rib for about 1.5″. It looked good, but I had to wait until this afternoon for the big fella to try it on.
I think someone who is more long and lean could pull off the folded hem/straight body line. I suppose a person could engineer a more shaped ETA: sweater body using short rows, etc. but I didn’t want to put that much energy into this project!
So we are both pleased with the revised version and I’m sure it will get a lot of wear. Now to finish those socks!
I’ve got two sets of copper greyhound eyes pounding into me, reminding me that it’s chicken and kibble time …