I finished the button/neck bands on the Truffles cardigan and last night debated how to do the ruffles. I knew this time I wanted to try knitting them on, instead of crocheting them as the pattern directs. I was pleased with the ruffles on Ande’s sweater, but it killed my wrists to do it.
I looked on the Rav at other people’s project notes and got some ideas for knitting the ruffle. There were a couple of different methods but I combined them. I picked up stitches in the same ratio as I did for the button bands, then I did a row of P1, YO across. The knit row after that I did K1, Kfb across. Purled back, then cast off. I was worried that the YO row would make it too floopy, but it gives it a nice result.
It took me quite a while last night to do that one band of ruffles. It’s a bit fiddly picking up the stitches and I’ve been using a crochet hook to facilitate that.
The combined button/neck/button band turned out very nice. I was worried that the right angle at the top of the button band where it meets the neckband would be a gong show, but I like how it rolls just ever so slightly.
More pics once I get the rest of the ruffles done.