there was a pattern I really liked. But I matched it with the accursed paprika Classic Wool:
I did the back (above) and the two fronts, but wasn’t liking it. It’s been a few years so the details of my distaste have faded. I tried to use the yarn (unsuccessfully) in two other projects, and now it just sits in a basket in the basement.
But! I’m not to be deterred. I did a swatch last night with the Cascade 220 with a view to starting the below-linked Mariah. The more I read the pattern, the more I decided against it. I really like the sleeves and the cable detail on the body, etc. but the neckline just seems so awkward and unflattering. The hood seems odd, too. If I were to make it, I’d have to mod it a lot to make it to my liking.
I took the Patons Street Smart pattern book out and found a slew of notes and spreadsheets and charts from the first time I attempted the Must Have Cardi. I am also haunting the Rav MHC group as well as the Rav project gallery for the pattern. While I can knit a sweater from scratch or take a pattern and make mad modifications to it, sometimes it’s nice to be a follower and just make subtle tweaks to an already-figured-out pattern. Which I probably will do here. I am thinking of maybe making it a v-neck pullover, but then a cardigan is always more versatile than a pullover. I’ll figure that out once I finish the back.
I have also cast on another pair of socks using some great Regia Hand Dye Effect yarn (colour #6552) I was coerced into buying by Judy. She’s such a bad influence. Heh. I am doing the ribbing for the cuff and will decide what pattern I’ll use (if any, other than a simple ribbing) for the leg when I get there.