I spent HOURS yesterday (until 11:30 pm) sewing, stuffing and detailing this little guy. I had planned to make a couple of these for our greyhound group auction, but I think one will be enough. He sure is cute. The photos I’ve taken don’t convey the absolute adorableness that he embodies.
I think I’m going to redo his eyes and nose. The brown yarn I used is almost invisible next to the tweedy “fur” yarn.
I think black would work better. I’ll revisit that in the next couple of days. I also want to knit him up a little white stuffed bunny and have been looking on the Rav for suitable patterns. There’s a few good possibilities there.
You can see at the base of the tail there where I had to substitute the Noro Silk Garden Light to finish it off.
There’s a few more pics on my Rav project page and also on flickr. As I said in my last post, I did run out of yarn, so I question the yarn amounts on the pattern. It was an easy knit – small, easily done pieces. The time intensive part is the seaming and stuffing, then assembling. I decided to embroider the eyes instead of using the eye/buttons like she does in the pattern.