I finished off the first mitten. I did the top like the pattern directs (swirly shaping) but this time I decreased only to 12 stitches (first mitten of last pair I decreased to 8 st) and I didn’t graft the stitches (as I did on #1 of last pair); instead I looped the yarn through the remaining 12 st and pulled tight. I like this result much better! It’s not too pointy at all. WTF?! I typed “8 )” up there and it made a sunglass smiley: 8)
I will use this method from now on, I believe.
I started mitten #2 of this pair last night:
I just noticed when I was posting these pics on flickr that I have inadvertently done 3 rounds of the last purple stripe there. Hmm, I don’t know if I’ll rip it back or not. I’ve already started the thumb gusset. I’m doing two rounds per colour on the body of the mitten.
I was away most of the day yesterday for work. The poopers were under the big fella’s supervision. I came home to find Apollo had an abrasion on his tail (he already has a bald patch on it, but this was something more) and a big scrapey wound on his paw. They went out in the car with the big fella for the morning.
The FrankenBuick is a 30-year-old green sedan that the big fella refuses to part with. My car sits out on the driveway because -it- is taking the second spot in the garage. I hate it.
Look at him:
However, this morning, all is well:
We had the poopers out for a brisk walk at 7 this a.m.
I’m hoping to get out for a bike ride if the wind diminshes somewhat. It was pretty brisk and cold on our walk.