Finished these yesterday:
I knit the mitten on the right first. It was all lovely shades of that rust, brown and deep red. Very nice. then I began the second mitt starting off with the left overs of skein #1 from mitten #1. After completing mitten #2 I realized that they looked like two completely unrelated mittens. No colours in common to make them seem a pair. Grr. This particular colourway didn’t have many points in common. So I decided to rip back mitten #1 to just before the top shaping. I scavenged some of the turquoise and knit up the top, then I did the thumb with some of the same colour that was the cuff of #2.
Next pair I’ll do striped again to use up all the snippets of yarn from this pair.
I cast on a Sockhead hat using some Zauberball in #1508. It starts black and gradiates to grey then white, then back to black. I had been waiting to get a new 3 mm bamboo circular in the mail (the one I have has too-pointy tips and I keep getting holes in my index finger) but they haven’t arrived yet, so I’m gritting my teeth and knitting on.