We managed to make it through our first weekend without Sabrina. Apollo has been a greyt help in our grief. He’s come up to us for extra hugs and ear scritches (and bum scritches, but he gets embarrassed when I tell people about that). I know he’s missing her presence.
Thank you all for your kinds words and comments. It’s comforting to know she will be missed by more than just us.
I’m working on a post that will be sort of a eulogy for our Princess.
I have this little thing on our fridge that I found somewhere online:
Greyhound Lessons for People:
– Enjoy the simple pleasures of a walk
– Follow your instincts
– Never underestimate the value of a belly rub
– Be loyal and faithful
– Always drink plenty of water
– Sometimes it is best just to sit close and listen
– Be quick to forgive
– Avoid biting when a growl will do
– Keep digging until you find what you want
– Run and play daily
– Accept all of life’s treats with gratitude
– Life is short, pet often
– Love unconditionally
All good words to live by.