So I had finished the eight inches of 1×1 ribbing for the collar of the capelet. I started the “body” of it and followed the pattern explicitly, including the M1 left and right increases. However, after a few rounds (like 1.5 inches) I noticed that some of the M1s were leaving a hole. The pattern has you incorporating the increase stitches into the existing ribbing and I think the M1s around the purl stitches were fubar’d.
I decided to rip it back to the collar ribbing and start again, and pay very close attention to my M1s. I had looked online and in my knitting books to make sure I was executing them correctly. And I was. So after a few rounds again, I was seeing small holes. So I switched to a kfb increase that won’t be as noticeable when increasing in the ribbing.
The big fella was away for six days. Apollo was a little mopey.
I think he missed his nightly beer serving more than his daddy.
I haven’t done any knitting tonight; had a busy work day and then company for supper. And now it’s 11 pm and I need to get to bed.