Before I went on my visit to Vancouver, I started a shawl so I would have a no-brainer project on hand for knitting at the airport, etc. (Rav link: Age of Brass and Steam)
I have had to re-start the damn thing four times. My stitch count kept being short by one or two stitches whenever I finished a section and actually counted.
The pattern has both yarn overs and “M1” increases on the right side, and YOs on the purl side. I suspect I am missing the odd YO on the purl side. I have now gotten to this point:
The yarn is really lovely – Sweet Georgia Yarn’s Cashluxe Fine (merino, cashmere sock yarn).
I tried to work on it last night, but didn’t feel like it. I am again out by one stitch. I know I can make it up during this next section, but to be consistently missing YOs or increases is bothering me. I’m tempted to rip it out (again) and make a Boneyard shawl. Love that pattern!
I have been very busy this month with roller derby (something every weekend). Coming up there is a recruitment event on Sunday, then practices, then another double header on July 11. I have committed to ref for a couple of other leagues in the province during their season, so have some other dates as well. Then I think it will slow down a bit. It’s all great, but man, was it hot on Saturday night when the outside temp was above 30°C, humid and inside the arena was just as stifling. Blah.
For the past month the northern half of our province has been in dire straits with wild/forest fires raging uncontained. We have had mornings and evenings where we’d get a whiff of wood smoke, but since early this morning, we have had thick, thick smoke. Our air quality health index is at 10+ (which is “very bad”). Hopefully we (and the north) will get some rain soon to cool things down and put some of the fires out.