i.e. we had -30something windchill over the weekend. Good days to stay inside and be warm.
I finished Bill’s afghan yesterday. I had finished the crocheting of it on Saturday night, but it took me a couple of hours on Sunday to do the edging.
The colours are much nicer and “go” together better than the photo shows.
I found a page describing how to even out the top/bottom ripple edges and then I did a single crochet border around the whole afghan.
It ended up being 60″ x 72″. Ravelry project page is here. It seems to do the trick:
I was really glad to finish that. It was really heavy and cumbersome to have that in my lap as I worked on it. Next one, I will consider making squares and then assembling.
I had started this little hat at Christmas time, but put it down to work on the afghan. I finished it last night.
I don’t know why the photo is blurry … Ravelry project page is here.
I have some yarn left over in each colour. Not a full ball, but two smaller bits of each colour. I’m thinking of making striped hats or hat/mitten combos. Our local food bank has a need for hats and mittens of all sizes for their patrons. I might not have much for the rest of the winter, but can stockpile for next year.
I did advise my reffing crew that I was taking 2016 season off to pursue some Crossfit goals. It was a really hard decision to make. I will miss our Saturday night zebra dates.
We have a really good crew and we all work so well together. 😦
I made a crock pot of Chicken Enchilada stew/soup the other day:
I made a few more tweaks from the last time. I didn’t add any chicken stock (it was very liquidy last time) so it was a thicker soup/stew texture. When It was done cooking, I took all the chicken out, shredded it with a fork, then stirred it back in. I added frozen corn kernels. I didn’t make the enchilada sauce this time. I added a tall can of tomato puree (just tomatoes, nothing else) and added the enchilada sauce seasoning to the tomato puree. It turned out great – perfect for this blustery weather!