I’ve been really busy at the gym the past month or so. I’m glad when our strength cycle will be complete; that’s two extra classes a week.
After I finished the sparkle socks, I started a crochet hat until I decided what my next project would be. I came across a pattern for stranded two colour socks, and I dug through my yarn stash and had two great colours that would look good for the pattern, so I cast on.
The pattern came with two sizes, a 72 stitch cast on and a 64 stitch cast on. Due to the length of the leg, I started with the 72 stitches to accommodate my calf. Then after the waves, I decreased down to 64 stitches. It’s a little snug mid leg, but it fits perfectly around my ankle.
My stranding made the gauge a little tighter, so I’m consciously leaving loose floats and I think I can steam block the tight part so it fits better.
I have the second sock midway to the heel flap point. Yarn and pattern details are on the Ravelry project page here.
I’m taking my time and not rushing. Working from a chart, I pause every few stitches to count and make sure I’m not messing it up.