I added this project to my Ravelry page when I didn’t have the pattern in front of me. I knew it was some odd name, in my mind it came up as “Orange Surprise”. The actual pattern is called “Pink Memories”. 😀
I had this Madelinetosh Tosh DK that I had bought years ago to make a short sleeved sweater. I decided I wanted to use it for this, so I had to source come other yarn so I would have enough. I found some at Hawthorne and Wool and love how it complements the orange.
I made my usual modifications to the sweater (longer in the torso, longer in the sleeves). Instead of doing the colourblock option that the pattern has, I decided to add some contrast colour stripes/bands. I like how it turned out.
I also did my preferred method of waist shaping. The original pattern calls for an A-line shaped body, but I didn’t want that. It also has garter stitch sections, and a pocket. I ignored all of those.
Again, I was off with my measurements and it’s a bit roomier than I had anticipated. I washed the sweater when I got back from my trip to Vancouver, and it became quite loose and drapey. I put it in the dryer for a while and that tightened things up a bit.
The colour of the yarns is most like the second photo.
The yarn was nice to work with, but the orange bled a lot onto my hands and needles. It certainly is different after washing. I am starting a new project with another colourway of this same yarn, so I did my gauge swatch and then washed it and dried flat. It bloomed and softened.